These days, they just don't make teen movies like they used to back in the 90s. Yes, they were usually cheesy, and the characters made some questionable life and fashion choices, but they often had useful messages to convey, and gave us celebrities to crush on.
Over the years, we have all re-watched these movies multiple times, and can quote a lot of the lines ( “Do you prefer fashion victim or ensembly challenged?” Anyone?). But no matter how many times you've seen a movie or Googled the cast, there are still some interesting, and at times wild, facts you still don't know about them.
Here are 16 tidbits from some of the best teen movies from the 90s:
1. Instead of Adrian Grenier, Elijah Wood was supposed to star alongside Melissa Joan Hart in Drive Me Crazy. He didn't get the role because they thought he looked too young.
2. Mila Jovovich met Shawn Andrews on the set of their movie Dazed and Confused, and became a bride at 16 after they eloped.
3. And the cast drank real beer for most of the scenes.
4. 10 Things I Hate About You was inspired by Shakespeare's The Taming Of The Shrew, and the title is supposed to sound somewhat similar to the play.
5. Wild Things originally featured a scene where Matt Dillon and Kevin Bacon showered together.
6. She's All That was filmed at the same high school as Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
7. Marilyn Manson had a cameo in Jawbreaker because he was dating one of the stars, Rose McGowan.
8. In Election, Mathew Broderick is actually urinating in the "peeing in the woods" scene that takes place in Linda's yard.
Wait until to find out what made Ryan Phillipe throw up on the set of Cruel Intentions...
9. After the slap scene with Reese Witherspoon in Cruel Intentions, Ryan Phillipe was so worked up that he ran off set and threw up.
10. Lois Duncan, the author of the book, I Know What You Did Last Summer, admitted that she hated the movie.
11. A cooked sausage propped by a pencil, and wrapped in foil had to be placed between Jason Biggs' legs in order to replicate an erection in an American Pie scene.
12. Oh, and the apple pie was from Costco.
13. On the set of Scream, Wes Craven had to tell Drew Barrymore real life stories about animal cruelty to keep her crying and looking terrified.
14. In Clueless, Alicia Silverstone couldn't pronounce "Haitians" in one of the classroom scenes, but the producers thought it was funny and included it in the final cut.
15. M. Night Shymalan was a script doctor for She's All That
Have you watched any movies about writers? If not, you definitely should.Such movies can boost your writing skills and provide you the strength to not give up. They give you insights into the life of authors, who also face adversities and must overcome their struggles. There is something about watching a character face the same problems you do and say things you want to hear. Moreover, watching their writing process can be an eye-opening experience that will help you build rewarding habits and develop your own skills.Many professional essay writers watch movies that chronicle the stories of authors.
The first Ant-Man and scientist Hank Pym started the Ant-Man project for S.H.I.E.L.D. He resigned in the year 1989 when he discovered that S.H.I.E.L.D. is trying to replicate his Ant-Man shrinking technology. He believed that his technology is going to be a threat to mankind if it gets replicated. Pym vows to hide his technology for as long as he is alive. In the current times, Hank leaves his company, Pym Technologies as it is taken over by his daughter named Hope and former protégé, Darren Cross. Darren recreated the
Did you know that the global gaming industry witnessed a growth of 500 million new gamers in the last 3 years? Accenture’s 2021 report indicates that the size of the market now exceeds the combined markets for music and movies by $300 billion. Whether for professional purposes or casual entertainment, everyone’s super hyped about playing games. Gaming offers a unique interactive experience we can share with family and friends. During COVID-19, online gaming was at the centre of our social lives. The cool interactive features helped people around the world deal with stress! However, as fun as new
You will often hear that the games today are so much better than those of previous generations and in some respects, that is true. The graphics are better, the sound is also better and there is nothing from the 90s that can compare to the speed of today’s gaming systems and PCs. No, you won’t find games you can play in VR with the right headset, however, that’s about as far as it goes if you are looking for some good old-fashioned fun. Let’s look at some of the reasons why 90s games are so much