These days, they just don't make teen movies like they used to back in the 90s. Yes, they were usually cheesy, and the characters made some questionable life and fashion choices, but they often had useful messages to convey, and gave us celebrities to crush on.
Over the years, we have all re-watched these movies multiple times, and can quote a lot of the lines ( “Do you prefer fashion victim or ensembly challenged?” Anyone?). But no matter how many times you've seen a movie or Googled the cast, there are still some interesting, and at times wild, facts you still don't know about them.
Here are 16 tidbits from some of the best teen movies from the 90s:
1. Instead of Adrian Grenier, Elijah Wood was supposed to star alongside Melissa Joan Hart in Drive Me Crazy. He didn't get the role because they thought he looked too young.
2. Mila Jovovich met Shawn Andrews on the set of their movie Dazed and Confused, and became a bride at 16 after they eloped.
3. And the cast drank real beer for most of the scenes.
4. 10 Things I Hate About You was inspired by Shakespeare's The Taming Of The Shrew, and the title is supposed to sound somewhat similar to the play.
5. Wild Things originally featured a scene where Matt Dillon and Kevin Bacon showered together.
6. She's All That was filmed at the same high school as Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
7. Marilyn Manson had a cameo in Jawbreaker because he was dating one of the stars, Rose McGowan.
8. In Election, Mathew Broderick is actually urinating in the "peeing in the woods" scene that takes place in Linda's yard.
Wait until to find out what made Ryan Phillipe throw up on the set of Cruel Intentions...
9. After the slap scene with Reese Witherspoon in Cruel Intentions, Ryan Phillipe was so worked up that he ran off set and threw up.
10. Lois Duncan, the author of the book, I Know What You Did Last Summer, admitted that she hated the movie.
11. A cooked sausage propped by a pencil, and wrapped in foil had to be placed between Jason Biggs' legs in order to replicate an erection in an American Pie scene.
12. Oh, and the apple pie was from Costco.
13. On the set of Scream, Wes Craven had to tell Drew Barrymore real life stories about animal cruelty to keep her crying and looking terrified.
14. In Clueless, Alicia Silverstone couldn't pronounce "Haitians" in one of the classroom scenes, but the producers thought it was funny and included it in the final cut.
15. M. Night Shymalan was a script doctor for She's All That
Shaun Weiss starred in the classic series The Mighty Ducks back in the 90s, but most recently he has been making headlines after several arrests in the past years.Marysville Police Department have released a statement that says Weiss was arrested for residential burglary and being under the influence of methamphetamine Sunday around 7 AM.Police say Weiss broke into a woman’s garage and then broke into her car by shattering a window. The homeowner called police during the break-in, and officers found Weiss in the car when they arrived.They arrested him and took him to the Yuba
That's right, folks: jelly sandals are back and more terrible than ever. This popular 90s shoe once adorned the feet of young children across the nation, but the fashion item quickly fell out of favor throughout the noughts.Unfortunately, this 90s fashion faux pas has made its way back into mainstream culture along with most other 90s trends, including choker necklaces and Fila dad sneakers. But while we all know these sandals aren't the most comfortable form of footwear, few people actually expected someone to suffer a serious injury at the hands of a jelly sandal.One mother's Facebook post
If you've ever owned a piece of Lisa Frank merchandise, you know just how magical the brand really is. They aren't afraid to make the most outrageously colorful items using the most preposterous characters, and all of us 80s and 90s kids were so grateful for each and every creation. Growing up with Lisa Frank meant that we all had this idealistic rainbow world on our binders and in our hearts. We loved all the bears, unicorns, penguins, and puppies that made our school days a little bit more exciting. But where did they come from? Where did Lisa Frank
The Backstreet Boys have been one of the biggest bands in the country, well, the world for several decades now. After getting their start in the early 90s, they've managed to be one of the very few bands that has stuck together and continued performing. They didn't need a big reunion, because they didn't break up. Well, let's just pretend like that whole Kevin fiasco didn't happen. But anyways, they've been putting out music and performing together for 25 years now, and they have no intention of stopping. To be fair, they did warn of this two decades ago. They