These days, they just don't make teen movies like they used to back in the 90s. Yes, they were usually cheesy, and the characters made some questionable life and fashion choices, but they often had useful messages to convey, and gave us celebrities to crush on.
Over the years, we have all re-watched these movies multiple times, and can quote a lot of the lines ( “Do you prefer fashion victim or ensembly challenged?” Anyone?). But no matter how many times you've seen a movie or Googled the cast, there are still some interesting, and at times wild, facts you still don't know about them.
Here are 16 tidbits from some of the best teen movies from the 90s:
1. Instead of Adrian Grenier, Elijah Wood was supposed to star alongside Melissa Joan Hart in Drive Me Crazy. He didn't get the role because they thought he looked too young.
2. Mila Jovovich met Shawn Andrews on the set of their movie Dazed and Confused, and became a bride at 16 after they eloped.
3. And the cast drank real beer for most of the scenes.
4. 10 Things I Hate About You was inspired by Shakespeare's The Taming Of The Shrew, and the title is supposed to sound somewhat similar to the play.
5. Wild Things originally featured a scene where Matt Dillon and Kevin Bacon showered together.
6. She's All That was filmed at the same high school as Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
7. Marilyn Manson had a cameo in Jawbreaker because he was dating one of the stars, Rose McGowan.
8. In Election, Mathew Broderick is actually urinating in the "peeing in the woods" scene that takes place in Linda's yard.
Wait until to find out what made Ryan Phillipe throw up on the set of Cruel Intentions...
9. After the slap scene with Reese Witherspoon in Cruel Intentions, Ryan Phillipe was so worked up that he ran off set and threw up.
10. Lois Duncan, the author of the book, I Know What You Did Last Summer, admitted that she hated the movie.
11. A cooked sausage propped by a pencil, and wrapped in foil had to be placed between Jason Biggs' legs in order to replicate an erection in an American Pie scene.
12. Oh, and the apple pie was from Costco.
13. On the set of Scream, Wes Craven had to tell Drew Barrymore real life stories about animal cruelty to keep her crying and looking terrified.
14. In Clueless, Alicia Silverstone couldn't pronounce "Haitians" in one of the classroom scenes, but the producers thought it was funny and included it in the final cut.
15. M. Night Shymalan was a script doctor for She's All That
If you love McDonald's, you're not alone; according to Wikipedia, McDonald's operates almost 40,000 stores in more than 120 countries. When you've got a hankering for a Big Mac, you'll likely be able to walk down the street to get your meal instead of driving to the next town over.With how popular the fast-food chain has become, it's no wonder that their prices have steadily risen since the 90s. But recent concerns over McDonald's ever-growing prices has meant that some consumers have gone elsewhere for their fast-food fix. The answer? Throwback Thursdays.And we don't just mean that
As exciting as a couple of rounds of online slots can be, sometimes you just want something more familiar to keep you engrossed in a game. Most online slot players would admit a little extra something visually is essential to the slot game experience. When those visuals are from your favourite classic film, you’re really onto a winner. Movies and slots go hand in hand. The glitz and glamour of the casino world (even if it is virtual) meshes naturally with the bright lights of Hollywood. It’s why even today you see developers publishing casino games based on
There are lots of ways to spend your free time. Lots of people watch movies to relax, while others open slot machines. Yet, what if you like both of these activities? Then you can access the casino, get the first deposit bonus in Canada and choose a movie-themed slot machine. Here are the most popular ones.RamboA series of legendary action movies starring Sylvester Stallone did not leave indifferent the iSoftBet developers. Impressed by the heroic exploits of John Rambo, the developers created a slot with the same name in 2013. Among the advantages of the game note the quality
Entertainment has been defined as any activity that is designed to hold the attention or interest of an audience to bring them pleasure and delight. However, the shift that has taken place since the 90s hasn’t changed what we like, but rather how we engage in these activities and how we like them. The advent of the internet and the advancement of technology have completely changed the face of entertainment and this is how. From Monopoly to XboxIf you were alive at the turn of the millennium or have watched enough media representations of the 90s period, you are