10 Things That Happened In The '90s That You Didn't Even Know About
So many things happened in the '90s that you seriously couldn't keep up with all that information.
We didn't have all the knowledge in the world at the tip of our fingertips, so here are some interesting facts that happened in your childhood years that you had no clue about.
1. Your favorite '90s song "Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears could have been attributed to TLC.
Songwriters Max Martin and Rami Yacoub wrote the song's lyrics for TLC, but the trio rejected the offer because it didn't conform to their stance on female empowerment.
Speaking of the song, did you know that Britney Spears's cousin played her love interest in the the music video? Oops...?
2. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air wasn't even filmed in Bel-Air.
The house in the intro of the show is not in Bel-Air, a neighborhood in the Westside area of Los Angeles, but in Brentwood, another affluent neighborhood.
3. Shakira was offered to play the character of Elena Montero alongside Antonio Banderas in The Mask of Zorro.
Steven Spielberg offered the female lead to the Colombian singer but she rejected it because she thought her English wasn't good enough. But honestly, Catherine Zeta-Jones did that role justice.
4. Tom Cruise and Alyssa Milano were the models for some of our favorite childhood fairytale characters.
Tom Cruise's face was the model for Aladdin's.
Alyssa Milano's face was the model for Little Mermaid's Ariel's.
5. Ryan Gosling could have a member of the Backstreet Boys.
Alright, this would have been awesome. He was neighbors with AJ McLean in Orlando, Florida in the '90s, and was offered to sing along with this dreamy boy group, but he didn't accept. He probably realized that they had a lot of potential some time after, so he tried to contact AJ but his calls weren't returned.
Keep going, there's more!
6. The portal to knowledge was created in the late '90s.
In 1998, the world said goodbye to time-consuming information books and hello to Google.
7. My Girl was probably the highlight of Macaulay Culkin's career.
Macaulay was the first child actor to be paid a million dollars for a film, and he also experienced his first kiss there.
8. The nude portrait of Rose in Titanic was drawn by James Cameron, the film's director.
The man had many talents. In 2011, the drawing of Rose was auctioned off for $16,000.
9. The heartthrob band *NSYNC didn't randomly come up with its name, there was some thought put into it.
The last letter of the first names of each original member makes up *NSYNC: JustiN, ChriS, JoeY, JasoN, and JC.
Lance replaced Jason after he quit, but the group didn't change the band's name.
10. The six main characters on Friends kissed each other at least one time.
They really did, and dreams do count!
Was there anything you found out about the '90s that you didn't know of until you were much older?