You would think designing a playground would be a fun task. Trying to figure out what makes kids happy while keeping them safe is a tough balance but it seems like something that would be an alright job.
As it turns out, it's a lot harder than you might think. There's a lot of things that can go VERY wrong. Sometimes the theory of a play structure sounds great, but when you actually build it the result is something less than stellar.
These playgrounds are reminiscent of those horrifying abandoned theme parks we looked at before, except they don't have the excuse of being old and decrepit because they are intended for use by children.
Can you imagine coming across these parks when you were a kid?
1. Excuse me, but who thought this was smart?
2. Look both ways before you ride the slide!
3. Could we maybe have picked a better location? Yes...
4. This is not the kind of playground you send kids to if you would like to avoid jail time...
5. This is one way to prevent kids from thinking they can go all the way around...
6. Hope your kid has good reflexes!
7. The perfect playground for even the tiniest kids!
8. It's probably the fastest slide in all the world, so at least when you break your ankles you can pretend to be impressive
9. Except maybe this one...
10. It's a long way down to the end of this slide
Just you wait, there are even worse ones that we haven't gotten to yet
13. That's one way to raise the stakes
14. There are just so many reasons why clowns are creepy
15. Who thought this was at all acceptable??
16. I don't understand how these things get approved?
17. Seriously... how?
18. I mean, I want to go on record and say this is pretty much unacceptable?
19. Seriously, these are out there
20. Maybe this one is just for the ghosts?
Have you ever been to a terrible playground? Share your story or pictures in the comments!
So, here's a little secret about me: I used to love back-to-school season. No, I didn't love actually going to school, but the process of buying a bunch of new outfits or school supplies was my favorite time of the year. Maybe it's because we didn't really buy a lot of clothes any other time of the year, so it always felt like my one big chance to try out those cool new styles, but it was always the best time. I think I had more fun picking out my binders and pens than anything though, which always made me
Graduating seniors celebrate by getting all dressed up and dancing the night away with their peers for the last time.It's a night to remember, which is why dozens of photos are taken at prom. But I'm sure there are some celebrities who wish their prom photos were never leaked online. If you thought your prom photos were awkward, you've seen nothing yet...1. Barack Obama TimeThese four look like they had a grand time at their senior prom. They're draped in leaves and flowers, which means one thing - this photo was taken at a high school in
When you think back to your childhood, what toy do you remember spending most of your time with? There's probably one that stands out, whether it was a particular stuffed animal, a special Barbie, or even a video game, that you remember going absolutely bananas over. Have you ever wondered if you were the only one to be completely obsessed with it, or if kids from other states also loved the same thing? Well, AT&T has decided to dig into the world of 90s nostalgia, and they hope to answer the question we've all had, "What is the most
Chances are that when you were growing up there were a few dolls that you always wanted. There were some Barbie dolls that were absolutely coveted, there were of course the iconic Cabbage Patch Dolls that everyone needed, but there was one brand that seemed to take the cake when it came to the most desirable doll on the market. American Girl dolls were probably the fanciest things our tiny brains could dream of owning. Sure, they cost a pretty penny when they first came out, but if you could convince your parents that they were worth it, you were