You would think designing a playground would be a fun task. Trying to figure out what makes kids happy while keeping them safe is a tough balance but it seems like something that would be an alright job.
As it turns out, it's a lot harder than you might think. There's a lot of things that can go VERY wrong. Sometimes the theory of a play structure sounds great, but when you actually build it the result is something less than stellar.
These playgrounds are reminiscent of those horrifying abandoned theme parks we looked at before, except they don't have the excuse of being old and decrepit because they are intended for use by children.
Can you imagine coming across these parks when you were a kid?
1. Excuse me, but who thought this was smart?
2. Look both ways before you ride the slide!
3. Could we maybe have picked a better location? Yes...
4. This is not the kind of playground you send kids to if you would like to avoid jail time...
5. This is one way to prevent kids from thinking they can go all the way around...
6. Hope your kid has good reflexes!
7. The perfect playground for even the tiniest kids!
8. It's probably the fastest slide in all the world, so at least when you break your ankles you can pretend to be impressive
9. Except maybe this one...
10. It's a long way down to the end of this slide
Just you wait, there are even worse ones that we haven't gotten to yet
13. That's one way to raise the stakes
14. There are just so many reasons why clowns are creepy
15. Who thought this was at all acceptable??
16. I don't understand how these things get approved?
17. Seriously... how?
18. I mean, I want to go on record and say this is pretty much unacceptable?
19. Seriously, these are out there
20. Maybe this one is just for the ghosts?
Have you ever been to a terrible playground? Share your story or pictures in the comments!
Graduating seniors celebrate by getting all dressed up and dancing the night away with their peers for the last time.It's a night to remember, which is why dozens of photos are taken at prom. But I'm sure there are some celebrities who wish their prom photos were never leaked online. If you thought your prom photos were awkward, you've seen nothing yet...1. Barack Obama TimeThese four look like they had a grand time at their senior prom. They're draped in leaves and flowers, which means one thing - this photo was taken at a high school in
Going to elementary school is something that we all had to do, but we all had different experiences. Socially, elementary school was a battlefield. It was exhausting and more dramatic than it needed to be, but at least we all grew up before the internet was a thing. Nowadays kids have to deal with their bullies following them home, at least virtually, and never getting a chance to be alone. Even if it's from their friends, kids should have some time to themselves, right? Disney ChannelWell, when we grew up in the 90s, times were just a lot simpler. Who
Who else remembers growing up when our dream toys were these plastic little compacts that had a whole little world inside? Those little Polly Pockets were everything we wanted. Even though they were such a simple little concept, they managed to fill our imaginations and we loved them. They had so many different kinds of Polly Pockets. Ones based on movies, ones based on fairy tales, and others that are just fun creations of their own.EtsyWhether we were adventuring with Jasmine and Aladdin in Agrabah or having a fun castle adventure, we managed to see these little peg
Who else remembers playing with Creepy Crawlers all the time? That iconic burnt plastic smell, those gross little bug molds, and of course the Plastigoop. The original Creepy Crawlers were actually kind of a nightmare. Between the burning hot oven, the toxic goop, and the scalding metal, there was a lot to be afraid of. I mean, none of us were, but we probably should have been. How it startedVintage ToysWhen it originally came out in 1964, the Creepy Crawlers Thingmaker came with a small oven that reached 350 degrees. That's right, just as hot as a real oven. You