The 90s was an interesting time. Everyone was wearing bright colors and their hair was perfectly crimped and tied up in a scrunchies. There were a lot of things that we had to do that kids today wouldn't understand in the least, but it's always hilarious to remember them.
While we often remember them as simpler times, honestly, there were a lot of components that we had to keep track of. These are just some of the things those of us who lived through the 90s remember having to do.
1. Rewinding VHS tapes on a separate machine
2. Checking your batteries charge level
3. Using a card catalog at a library
4. Buying a longer phone cord so you could move away from the wall
5. Watching music videos on MTV
6. Reading the Delia's catalog and begging your parents for more clothes
7. Trying to convince your parents you needed a pager
Those weren't the only struggles...
8. Doing research at school on the microfiche
9. Raising the antenna on the portable phone or your cell phone to help you hear better
10. Having to get off the internet when your mom needed the phone
11. Adjusting the tracking of a VHS
12. Using a camera with actual film
13. Or actually getting that film developed
14. Making mix tapes off the radio
15. Getting in trouble for calling long distance at the wrong time of the day
It seems as though the invention of the internet really changed how everything was done, and while we can all be thankful that we don't have to use a microfiche anymore, those old-school batteries with the levels on them were super helpful!