Pop Culture | 00s | 90s
10 Facts About "The Wild Thornberrys" That Are Smashing, But Won't Help You Talk To Animals
Nickelodeon's The Wild Thornberrys may be making a comeback in the near future, according to MoviePilot.
The show ran from 1998 to 2004, but didn't get as much love as it deserved. To be fair, it was competing with shows like Hey! Arnold and Rugrats, but it wasn't any less entertaining or humorous.
As we eagerly wait for the possible revival (fingers crossed), check out these 10 random things about The Wild Thornberrys, because random is just what that family is all about. Also, apparently the show is more enjoyable to watch as an adult. Keep that in mind.
1. The TV show possibly inspired Mean Girls.
If Cady Heron is not Eliza, nothing in this world makes sense.
2. They had an all-star cast.
Tim Curry is the voice behind Nigel. Flea from The Red Hot Chili Peppers is the voice of Donnie. Lacey Chabert, who plays Gretchen Weiners in Mean Girls, is the voice of Eliza. Enough said.
3. Debbie was way ahead of her time.
She was probably the most normal out of all of them.
4. Talking to animals was not all it was cracked up to be.
Imagine having an awesome supernatural ability but not being able to tell a single soul about it. This was poor Eliza's life. She struggled to keep the animal and human world together, and no one could ever thank her for all her troubles. She had to keep her powers "totally secret" while being plunged into life-threatening situations.
Why do I still envy her...
5. Donnie was basically an animal, but Eliza couldn't talk to him.
Also, why does Donnie wear a shirt but Darwin doesn't.
You'll miss this show dearly with these next tidbits!
6. The ComVee was the superhero of all automobiles.
In all honesty, the best thing about the house on wheels was the people in it.
7. The meaning of life was right under their noses.
The meaning of life was delicious food all along.
8. There was an entire episode where Eliza tries to get two turtles to mate.
To be fair, those turtles were endangered, but it was still kind of weird watching that as a kid.
9. They tampered with the eco-system. Not cool.
One of the shows main themes was to respect wildlife. That meant DO NOT MESS WITH THE NATURAL CYCLE OF THINGS. We know Eliza has a good heart, but the time she gave some birds needles to help them get larvae, she threw off the eco-system.
10. There was nothing greater than a show that was entertaining and depicted the beautiful outdoors.
Do you remember watching this show? Which character was your favorite?