We've said it before and we'll say it again, Pizza Hut is truly excellent. No, they aren't paying me to say that, but if they want to, I'm ready to make a deal.
Back on track though, Pizza Hut has been around since 1958, and in their 60 year history they have managed to create quite the empire.
Sure, a lot of other pizza places have come and gone in that time, and maybe they aren't as popular as they used to be, but Pizza Hut will always hold a special, pizza-shaped place in all of our hearts.
If there is one thing about Pizza Hut that is instantly recognizable though, it would have to be the shape of their restaurants. The roof is so iconic that it's become a part of their logo, but what happens when a pizza hut closes down?
It's not like changing a roof is all that easy right? Sure, you could switch out some shingles but to fully alter the trusses and the structure is a whole lot of work.
Because Pizza Hut isn't as popular as it once was, several locations have closed down, leaving behind these empty buildings with a weird shape.
But, as time goes on, other companies move in, trying to make their mark, but it's still always going to look like a Pizza Hut, you can't escape it.
You know when Kirby would inhale an opponent in Smash Bros. and then get a little outfit to try and look like them, but it's still very clearly Kirby? Well, that's what these Pizza Hut locations look like. They put on a new restaurant's outfit, and took their powers for a bit, but it's still Pizza Hut under there.
1. Nice try "Fat Jacks" but we're onto you.
2. Alright, this auction house isn't even trying.
3. You may be America's Diner, but you're living in a Pizza Hut my friend, there's no denying it.
4. I'll take one burger and a stuffed crust pizza with extra cheese please...
5. Try all you want Subway, but you can't paint over that iconic shape.
6. Nice try changing the roof, you've done a good job. It's actually hard to tell that this used to be a Pizza Hut, but if those walls could talk they'd be saying Pan Pizza.