Robert William Barker, better known as Bob Barker, is considered one of America's favorite television game show hosts.
The 93-year-old former host of CBS's The Price Is Right grew up in a small town, and attended college on a basketball scholarship. He also served in the U.S. Navy as a fighter pilot during World War II. He returned to Drury College, now known as Drury University, where he graduated summa cum laude with a degree in economics.
However, in the early '50s, Bob decided to pursue a career in broadcasting, and as you probably know, things went pretty well after that.
Here are some more interesting facts you may not have known or have forgotten about this legendary television game show host!
10. Bob ended each show with the line, "Help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered."
9. He made a lot of donations to animal rights advocacy groups.
He contributed $5 million to the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, a marine wildlife and environmental protection group, to help end international whaling. Also, he donated $2.5 million to animal-rights activist group PETA in 2010.
8. He stopped The Price is Right from giving out fur coats as prizes.
Bob also resigned as the host of Miss Universe and the Miss USA Beauty Pageants because pageant officials refused to stop giving fur coats as awards.
7. He won 19 Daytime Emmy Awards.
That face says it all.
6. He has appeared on Family Guy, Happy Gilmore, The Bold and the Beautiful, and Futurama (just to name a few.)
5. He is hilarious.
Check out some of his funniest moments on The Price Is Right.
4. He was a television host for 50 years.
He hosted the longest-running game show, The Price Is Right, for 30 years. Bob spent those other 20 years hosting other shows, such as the short-lived game show The Family Game. He also holds the record of being the oldest man to host a weekday television program.
3. Bob returned to The Price Is Right to celebrate his 90th birthday.
He's still getting royalties from the show.
2. He grew up on the Rosebud Indian Reservation in South Dakota.
Bob was an official member of the Sioux tribe.
1. Many believe that Bob has a black belt in karate.
There are many reasons why people believe this. For example, he beat up the infamous Happy Gilmore! It may be just a movie, but look at the way he positioned his body and threw those punches.
What fact about Bob Barker surprised you the most? Share this post if you miss seeing the legendary host on The Price Is Right!