Premiering in 1999 on NBC, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit was billed as the grittier, more "ripped from modern headlines" companion show to Law and Order, and man has it delivered.
With a beloved cast of recurring characters and new mysteries to solve each week, the show's remained a staple on TV for almost 20 years, so much so that some actors even showed up on there before they were big! In particular, these 15 appearances either caught us off guard at the time, or when we look back on them now.
1) Before she became a movie star (along with her sister), Kate Mara appeared in the show's second season.
2) Bradley Cooper showed up before he was big in Hollywood.
3) Will and Grace star Eric McCormack guest-starred as a murder suspect. Somehow we're not surprised.
4) Sabrina herself, Melissa Joan Hart, appeared as a teacher suspected of sexually assaulting her students.
5) Whoopi Goldberg played a businesswoman who falsely reported child abuse.
6) Bob freaking Saget himself played a murder suspect in season 8!
7) Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons had a recurring role in the first two seasons!
The cameos just get crazier from here folks...
8) Norman Reedus appeared as a rock star on the show, before he was a rock star in our hearts.
9) It wasn't until 2011, but John Stamos had an appearance on the show!
10) Before she was guarding the galaxy, Zoe Saldana appeared on the show in 2004.
11) Elizabeth Banks was the prime suspect in a murder investigation.
12) Hayden Panettiere was actually two different characters between 2001 and 2005!
13) Amanda Seyfried played a sexual assault survivor in 2004.
14) Only on SVU could Carol Burnett be accused of killing her husband.
15) And of course, we can't forget that Jeremy Irons appeared on the show twice.
It's hard to believe that it has been 21 years since we last got to enjoy something that was made by Chris Farley. He was such a big part of pop-culture, with his larger-than-life personality and his impeccable comedic timing, that his loss is still felt today. Many people talk about his movies, his time on Saturday Night Live, but his friends knew him as so much more than the characters he played. Adam Sandler was on SNL at the same time as Farley, and they became good friends. While Sandler has obviously gone on to have quite an impressive
After Shaun Weiss' arrest in August left everyone worried about the former child star, the actor was forced to re-evaluate his choices. His mugshot showed a gaunt, sickly, and unrecognizable man, but Weiss believed this was his "rock bottom" and hoped to come back from it stronger than ever. In a statement released to his Facebook page after the arrest, Weiss revealed that he realized he was in "danger." Oroville Police Department"At this time, in an effort to break free from the self destructive patterns of behavior and drug abuse that have landed me at rock bottom, (to be
Who else remembers planning their entire week based on when Beverly Hills: 90210 was going to be on TV? It wasn't like we could record it easily, blank VHS tapes were pricey, so we had to watch it when it was on or miss out. Watching Brenda, Kelly, Dylan, Brandon, Donna, and everyone else hand out and get into all kinds of mayhem was the highlight of our weeks. When it ended, we were all a bit sad, but then they brought it back with a new spin-off. The new show tried to catch that same teen spirit, but
Home Improvement was one of the biggest shows of the 90s. It helped introduce a lot of us to Tim Allen, and more importantly for all of us who were pre-teen girls at the time, Johnathon Taylor Thomas. The show was extremely popular, and was one of the weekly must-watch shows that families would gather around the TV to enjoy together. Patricia Richardson starred as Jill Taylor, Tim's wife and mother to the rest of the Taylor crew. While she admitted that she loved working on the show, the actress declined the network's offer for the ninth season. Reports suggest