Premiering in 1999 on NBC, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit was billed as the grittier, more "ripped from modern headlines" companion show to Law and Order, and man has it delivered.
With a beloved cast of recurring characters and new mysteries to solve each week, the show's remained a staple on TV for almost 20 years, so much so that some actors even showed up on there before they were big! In particular, these 15 appearances either caught us off guard at the time, or when we look back on them now.
1) Before she became a movie star (along with her sister), Kate Mara appeared in the show's second season.
2) Bradley Cooper showed up before he was big in Hollywood.
3) Will and Grace star Eric McCormack guest-starred as a murder suspect. Somehow we're not surprised.
4) Sabrina herself, Melissa Joan Hart, appeared as a teacher suspected of sexually assaulting her students.
5) Whoopi Goldberg played a businesswoman who falsely reported child abuse.
6) Bob freaking Saget himself played a murder suspect in season 8!
7) Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons had a recurring role in the first two seasons!
The cameos just get crazier from here folks...
8) Norman Reedus appeared as a rock star on the show, before he was a rock star in our hearts.
9) It wasn't until 2011, but John Stamos had an appearance on the show!
10) Before she was guarding the galaxy, Zoe Saldana appeared on the show in 2004.
11) Elizabeth Banks was the prime suspect in a murder investigation.
12) Hayden Panettiere was actually two different characters between 2001 and 2005!
13) Amanda Seyfried played a sexual assault survivor in 2004.
14) Only on SVU could Carol Burnett be accused of killing her husband.
15) And of course, we can't forget that Jeremy Irons appeared on the show twice.
We've all been through a lot of changes over the years. We've gone through various awkward phases, bad haircuts, and that year we thought glitter should be applied liberally. Here's the thing though, it's not like celebrities are immune to these ridiculous memories. It's not just us regular folk who were trying our best to keep up with trends, celebrities were all normal people once, and they've got the pictures to prove it. Because the internet is both a glorious and horrific place, you can very easily get access to a lot of embarrassing pictures of all your favorite stars.
If there is one voice out there that could make you feel like you are stepping into the 80s, it is the raspy voice of Kathleen Turner. Turner starred in iconic 80s movies like Body Heat, Peggy Sue Got Married, Romancing the Stone, and many others, but her long career hasn't always been easy going. In a new interview with Vulture, she was very blunt about her time in Hollywood, especially when it comes to her opinions of other actors. It's refreshing and honestly a little bit surprising to hear someone in the public eye like her actually reveal her
A lot of us know Jim Carrey from his iconic roles as Ace Ventura, Lloyd Christmas, and Stanley Ipkiss, but he actually got his start on the small screen. He had a few guest spots and small parts on TV shows, but he got his big break thanks to his work on the classic comedy series In Living Color. That's where we all became completely obsessed with the cartoon-like guy who could embody a character better than anyone in the world. He could make us laugh with the greatest of ease, and because of that he was able to get
There has been a lot of drama surrounding the Roseanne reboot over the last few months, thanks to the stars controversial actions. But now that the network has managed to buy her out of her contract, they've decided to move forward with the spinoff, The Conners, allowing the rest of the cast to continue on with their successful reboot. Now that we are nearing the end of summer, people have started wondering when all of their favorite shows will be coming back. For those who enjoyed Roseanne, there has been a lot of debate as to whether they will continue