Premiering in 1999 on NBC, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit was billed as the grittier, more "ripped from modern headlines" companion show to Law and Order, and man has it delivered.
With a beloved cast of recurring characters and new mysteries to solve each week, the show's remained a staple on TV for almost 20 years, so much so that some actors even showed up on there before they were big! In particular, these 15 appearances either caught us off guard at the time, or when we look back on them now.
1) Before she became a movie star (along with her sister), Kate Mara appeared in the show's second season.
2) Bradley Cooper showed up before he was big in Hollywood.
3) Will and Grace star Eric McCormack guest-starred as a murder suspect. Somehow we're not surprised.
4) Sabrina herself, Melissa Joan Hart, appeared as a teacher suspected of sexually assaulting her students.
5) Whoopi Goldberg played a businesswoman who falsely reported child abuse.
6) Bob freaking Saget himself played a murder suspect in season 8!
7) Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons had a recurring role in the first two seasons!
The cameos just get crazier from here folks...
8) Norman Reedus appeared as a rock star on the show, before he was a rock star in our hearts.
9) It wasn't until 2011, but John Stamos had an appearance on the show!
10) Before she was guarding the galaxy, Zoe Saldana appeared on the show in 2004.
11) Elizabeth Banks was the prime suspect in a murder investigation.
12) Hayden Panettiere was actually two different characters between 2001 and 2005!
13) Amanda Seyfried played a sexual assault survivor in 2004.
14) Only on SVU could Carol Burnett be accused of killing her husband.
15) And of course, we can't forget that Jeremy Irons appeared on the show twice.
Since the beginning of the year, the Kardashian-Jenners have welcomed many new members into their family. Back in January, Kim Kardashian announced that her third child with her husband, rapper Kanye West, has arrived. Kim and Kanye used a surrogate for their youngest, a daughter named Chicago West. The reality star initially faced backlash for her choice, but she later explained that contrary to popular belief, they decided to have a baby via a surrogate because doctors warned her that carrying another child could cost her and the fetus their lives. Chicago WestE!Less than a month later, the youngest
Margot Kidder, who played Lois Lane in the iconic 1978 movie Superman has passed away at the young age of 69. Her manager confirmed that the actress passed away in her sleep to CNN on May 14th, and it's absolutely heartbreaking to hear. Warner Bros. Kidder played Lois Lane in four Superman movies alongside the legendary Christopher Reeves. Together their chemistry made the crazy heroic plots feel grounded, and made us all believe in heroes. While we are all mourning her loss, it's interesting to take a look back at her iconic role and what she thought of it. She
We've all been waiting months for the details of the new Charmed reboot and now we finally have our first look at it. That's right, the CW released the first trailer and it's a lot to take in. We find out the general plot of the show, a little bit about the three sisters, and see a small hint of the supernatural elements they will be going up against. First of all, one original 'Charmed' witch is not that happy about itThe WBEven though it's too late to do anything about it now, Holly Marie Combs, who played Piper Halliwell,
When we all found out that Roswell was coming back, there was this collective freak out that we all shared. A lot of people were really annoyed that they were bothering to remake a show we all loved so much, but there of course there were others who were really excited to see what was going to happen.Well, now that some time has passed, maybe those of you were skeptical are ready to see this remake. If you aren't, well too late, because it's absolutely happening. The show will be premiering at mid-season next year, so you won't see