Robin Williams is an icon. He has been in so many of the wonderful movies that defined our childhoods. Whether he was playing Peter Pan, a magical genie, or a wonderful nanny, he was absolutely perfect.
Williams passed away in 2014 and left us all a little bit devastated. But luckily, we have his entire body of work to look back on to remember him for the enigma that he was. His life was an interesting adventure, and it's time you got to know more about the man who was such a big part of your life.
Here are 11 interesting facts about Robin Williams.
1. He was voted "Least Likely To Succeed" in his San Francisco High School
2 The first impression he ever did was of his grandmother when he was a child
3. Apparently he was very shy until he joined the drama department
4. He was obsessed with Monty Python's Flying Circus and said that he learned all about comedic timing from that show
5. He used to perform as a mime outside of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and in Central Park in New York City
6. His improvisation skills were already so good in the show Mork & Mindy that the writers would leave gaps in the screenplay for him to ad-lib his own jokes
There are even more fascinating facts you didn't know about Robin Williams. Click to the next page to learn how he got his break-out role on Mork & Mindy!
7. You might remember his cameo in Friends in the third season, but did you know it was entirely unscripted?
8. Apparently he was only paid $75,000 for his role in Aladdin
9. He got upset with Disney using his voice to sell merchandise so they sent him a real Picasso painting worth around a million dollars to make it up to him!
10. When filming Mrs. Doubtfire, Robin Williams would shoot scenes between 15-22 times. Williams would do it as scripted 2-3 times, but then improvise the rest to give new options that often times were better than the original
11. When the casting agents asked him to sit down in his audition for Mork & Mindy, he did a head stand. The producers said he was cast because "he was the only alien who auditioned"
He gave us some truly inspirational words to live by
Robin Williams will always be a legend. Even though he is no longer with us, his genius will live on in the movies he gave us and we will always be able to revisit him.
It's hard to believe that it has been 21 years since we last got to enjoy something that was made by Chris Farley. He was such a big part of pop-culture, with his larger-than-life personality and his impeccable comedic timing, that his loss is still felt today. Many people talk about his movies, his time on Saturday Night Live, but his friends knew him as so much more than the characters he played. Adam Sandler was on SNL at the same time as Farley, and they became good friends. While Sandler has obviously gone on to have quite an impressive
After Shaun Weiss' arrest in August left everyone worried about the former child star, the actor was forced to re-evaluate his choices. His mugshot showed a gaunt, sickly, and unrecognizable man, but Weiss believed this was his "rock bottom" and hoped to come back from it stronger than ever. In a statement released to his Facebook page after the arrest, Weiss revealed that he realized he was in "danger." Oroville Police Department"At this time, in an effort to break free from the self destructive patterns of behavior and drug abuse that have landed me at rock bottom, (to be
Mr. Feeny will forever be a character that every 90s kid cherishes. He was the teacher. The one teacher we all wished we could have in real life, the one teacher who could have given us helpful advice, and above all else, he was the one teacher who would have been the best neighbor ever.William Daniels was a legend and an icon long before Boy Meets World, because he was the voice of KITT in Knight Rider. Not only that, but he won two Emmy awards for his role on St. Elsewhere. Daniels is a talented man, and his
As an active Instagram user, you may be in a position where you need to manage multiple Instagram accounts for various purposes. In such a case, you will be forced to use automation tools to help you manage these accounts. It is against Instagram policies to have multiple accounts (more than five) under one IP (Internet Protocol) address or to use automation bots. If you have to use those, you will have to mask your IP address or else Instagram will block your accounts. If at any one time you find your accounts blocked, here is a list of proxies