Robin Williams is an icon. He has been in so many of the wonderful movies that defined our childhoods. Whether he was playing Peter Pan, a magical genie, or a wonderful nanny, he was absolutely perfect.
Williams passed away in 2014 and left us all a little bit devastated. But luckily, we have his entire body of work to look back on to remember him for the enigma that he was. His life was an interesting adventure, and it's time you got to know more about the man who was such a big part of your life.
Here are 11 interesting facts about Robin Williams.
1. He was voted "Least Likely To Succeed" in his San Francisco High School
2 The first impression he ever did was of his grandmother when he was a child
3. Apparently he was very shy until he joined the drama department
4. He was obsessed with Monty Python's Flying Circus and said that he learned all about comedic timing from that show
5. He used to perform as a mime outside of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and in Central Park in New York City
6. His improvisation skills were already so good in the show Mork & Mindy that the writers would leave gaps in the screenplay for him to ad-lib his own jokes
There are even more fascinating facts you didn't know about Robin Williams. Click to the next page to learn how he got his break-out role on Mork & Mindy!
7. You might remember his cameo in Friends in the third season, but did you know it was entirely unscripted?
8. Apparently he was only paid $75,000 for his role in Aladdin
9. He got upset with Disney using his voice to sell merchandise so they sent him a real Picasso painting worth around a million dollars to make it up to him!
10. When filming Mrs. Doubtfire, Robin Williams would shoot scenes between 15-22 times. Williams would do it as scripted 2-3 times, but then improvise the rest to give new options that often times were better than the original
11. When the casting agents asked him to sit down in his audition for Mork & Mindy, he did a head stand. The producers said he was cast because "he was the only alien who auditioned"
He gave us some truly inspirational words to live by
Robin Williams will always be a legend. Even though he is no longer with us, his genius will live on in the movies he gave us and we will always be able to revisit him.
John Travolta is one of those stars that manages to keep on shining after all of these years. His career has been a real roller coaster of amazing highs and almost hilarious lows, but through it all he remains an icon. Travolta has had a pretty busy couple of weeks. He's got a new movie coming out, but because it's also the 40th anniversary of Grease this year, he has been spotted out and about all over the world. Paramount PicturesHe was dancing at a 50 Cent concert, he was commenting on fan theories, and now he has gone onto
Robin Williams is one of the world's favorite actors. His brain seemed to run on another function that the rest of us could never access. His clever wit and endless array of impressions helped make him an icon that will never be forgotten. A new documentary about the actor just released its first trailer and it's absolutely going to make you emotional.HBOThe movie is called Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind and it was actually made before Williams's death in 2014. He made it himself, and looked at his life, career, and his inspirations that helped make him who
We've known for a while now that the feud between Will Smith and the Original Aunt Vivian, Janet Hubert, has been burning for decades now. It's like a constant breeze, we just kind barely notice it most of the time, but every once and a while the winds kick up and it's knocking us to the ground and tearing down all of our tree branches. The fact is, Smith and Hubert do not get along. Not one bit. But now, decades since they last worked together, there is new fuel to the fire of this feud that has people talking.
Andre the Giant was an icon. He was a wrestling star, a talented actor, and an all around good guy. When you're seven feet tall, you're definitely going to get some looks. Andre, whose real name is Andre Rene Roussimoff, managed to find a way to use his height to his advantage. However just because he became a star, it didn't mean he wasn't struggling. He had a hard life and the new documentary that was just released revealed a whole other side of him that people didn't know about. 1. He didn't start growing rapidly until he was 15WikipediaIt's