She was the queen of "Girl Power" in the 90s as well as a total fashion icon. Geri Halliwell's signature look was imitated by basically every preteen who wanted to look extra cool, and her strong attitude taught a lot of us to stick up for ourselves.
Halliwell was part of the epic and amazing group called the Spice Girls and basically everyone was heartbroken when she left the band to go off on her own. How much do you actually know about the pop star? Check out these 11 facts that will help you get to know this awesome woman.
1. She was raised as a Jehovah's Witness
Her mother became a Jehovah's Witness when Geri was just a kid so there were no more birthdays or Christmas celebrations. She is no longer associated with the religion, instead thinks of herself as more spiritual.
2. Her grandfather was a mayor in Spain
He was the mayor of Cordoba, a city with a population of around 300,000 people.
3. She used to be a Turkish Game Show presenter
She was the girl who would present the prizes on the game show called "Let's Make A Deal".
4. She actually made that Union Jack dress herself
Her sister Karen helped her attach the flag to plain black dress and the rest is history!
5. George Michael gave her a car for her 27th birthday
He gave her a 1960s Mercedes 280SL convertible.
6. She met Victoria before they were Spice Girls
They met at an audition for a part in the movie Tank Girl.
There are even more interesting facts about Geri Halliwell that will totally Spice up your life! Click to the next page to see more!
7. She famously pinched Prince Charles' butt
When she met him she went in for the pinch and he was apparently fine with it. When she left the Spice Girls apparently he wrote her a letter that said "the group would not be the same" without her.
8. She very briefly dated Russell Brand after meeting him at the 2012 Olympics
It only lasted two weeks but apparently they went on several dates.
9. She LOVES dogs
She loves her dogs so much and brings them everywhere with her. Apparently it even got her kicked out of a gym once because she had brought her Pomeranian with her but they made her leave.
10. She struggled with bulimia and only got help after speaking with fellow singer Robbie Williams
She was down to 98 lbs when Robbie Williams convinced her that she needed medical help.
11. She is married and has two kids
Her daughter is named Bluebell Madonna Halliwell and her son is named Montague George Hector Horner. She added the George as a tribute to her friend George Michael. Her husband is Formula 1 racecar driver Christian Horner.