00s | Pop Culture | Celebrities
10 Things You Didn't Know About Seann William Scott
Ever since he first showed up as eveyone's favorite lovable jerk, Steven Stifler, in the American Pie movies, Seann William Scott is a face and a name that people have known quite well since the early 2000s. We all fell in love with his goofy antics and charming face, and even though he's not quite everywhere like he was back then anymore, he's still one of our favorites. Here are 10 things you probably didn't know about the guy!
1) He's the youngest of a very big family
He has six siblings (all of whom are from his parents' previous marriages). Fun fact: his older brother, Dan Scott, was a founding member of The Onion.
2) He was going to audition for Baywatch
He was on his way to audition for the show when he was robbed by gang members in South Central L.A. They took his shirt, shoes, and money.
3) He got interested in acting from working at a movie theater
He apparently spent all of his free time watching movies for free.
4) He had a few random roles before American Pie
He was in a commercial for Sunny Delight, and had an appearance as a football player in Aerosmith's "Hole in My Soul" video.
The facts just get weirder from here...
5) He's a huge fan of the movie Mallrats
He grew up near the Eden Prairie mall where the movie was filmed, had a poster of it above his bed, and was ecstatic when offered to work with Kevin Smith on Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
6) But he's not a huge fan of some of his own movies
He's gone on record as saying The Dukes of Hazzard was the worst thing he's ever worked on.
7) He's had some... interesting fan encounters
He was once approached by a man for an autograph as his daughter was a huge fan of American Pie. Scott happily agreed, but was horrified when he met the daughter and discovered she was 7 years old.
8) He worked really hard on Bulletproof Monk
Scott insisted on doing all of his own stunts and actually went through a pretty vigorous martial arts training regimen to make it convincing.
9) He's been doing a lot of voice acting in recent years
He's had a recurring role as Crash the opossum in the Ice Age franchise.
10) He's also been dealing with some personal stuff lately
He checked himself into a treatment facility in 2011 for "health and personal issues" that have yet to be explained. He completed the program in a month.