Wanting to play a video game in the 80s meant that you had to physically leave your house and go somewhere dedicated to playing them. It wasn't anything like the way we play games now, where all we have to do is turn on the TV or even just look at our phones. Back then, we had to grab all the quarters we could find and bike down to the local arcade and then wait patiently for our turn.
Obviously times have changed, but the excitement of going to the arcade is something we still remember. Sure, there are still a few old-school arcades nowadays, but the experience will just never be the same.
Take a look at these old pictures of the arcades of the past that'll make you wish you could jump back in time!
1. Whether you wanted a driving game, a shooting game, or anything else, there was nothing that these simple buttons and joysticks couldn't help us do
2. Sure, there might have been a bar next door, but who cares about that when you can play Pac-Man for three hours straight?
3. Even if you were trying to act like a professional businessman, you know you were spending your lunch breaks at the arcade
4. Going to the arcade was fun for the whole family
5. And was the ultimate hangout when you were sick of the mall
6. Dance Dance Revolution's predecessor used to look a little bit different, but man, was it ever fun!
7. You always needed someone there to support you, because when you died there was no save points to just restart. It was all or nothing.
We all had so many more memories from the arcade...
8. Space Invaders was such an important game at the time, and honestly, it holds up to this day
9. Arcades were where you wanted to spend all your time no matter how old you were
10. It's such a good place to see all the latest fashions
11. The whole gang was there to make sure you could tackle that high score. Hey, do you see the little mustachioed-man on the machine to the right? Who does that look like to you?
12. The amount of time it must have taken to make these machines is insane. Crazy to think that now you can just buy one little box and play hundreds of games on it
13. Oh, what we would give to go back and hangout for just one afternoon
How many hours did you spend at your local arcade?
While it's been known since 2015 that Nintendo was teaming up with Universal to create a park that would give all of us a chance to explore our dream worlds, it's been a long time before we got any news. But now, three years later, Universal has finally started building. I know, I'm screaming too. The best thing about this park is that while the first one is getting built in Japan, they aren't stopping at one. The Nintendo theme park will be coming to both Orlando AND Hollywood. That means we don't have to take these huge international trips
Apparently the announcement of whether or not the N64 Classic will exist isn't what we need to be worried about, it's more of a when will it be coming out. Nintendo's just had a big showcase called Nintendo Direct that highlights all of their upcoming projects, and many sources claimed that it would be the day that the official details of the N64 classic would be released.Nintendo Direct is a big deal every year for gamers, and with this year's release of the new Super Smash Bros. game, fans have good reason to celebrate. But right now, people are
Roulette is well-known as a classic casino game in both land-based and online casinos. It is based on the fundamentals of placing a bet to see where a ball will land once the wheel is spun. Offering a thrilling and elegant kind of entertainment, it has been popular for many years. But what are its origins, and how has it developed? Beginning of the Roulette WheelThere are various tales of where the Roulette wheel has its origins. The name itself points to where it was born; ‘roulette’ means ‘small wheel’ in French. Some sources date the formation of the game
The 1970s has a poor reputation for economic collapse, labor unrest, racism, embarrassing music, and the list goes on. So was the decade as horrible as it has been made up to be?We are all tired of the dreaded ‘When I was a child..’ story that our parents repeatedly tell us, and although it is hard to comprehend, they were once young. So much has changed since they were children, and each generation is more distinct than the previous. Let us travel back to the 1970s when the parents of today’s youth grew up. Since then,