Wanting to play a video game in the 80s meant that you had to physically leave your house and go somewhere dedicated to playing them. It wasn't anything like the way we play games now, where all we have to do is turn on the TV or even just look at our phones. Back then, we had to grab all the quarters we could find and bike down to the local arcade and then wait patiently for our turn.
Obviously times have changed, but the excitement of going to the arcade is something we still remember. Sure, there are still a few old-school arcades nowadays, but the experience will just never be the same.
Take a look at these old pictures of the arcades of the past that'll make you wish you could jump back in time!
1. Whether you wanted a driving game, a shooting game, or anything else, there was nothing that these simple buttons and joysticks couldn't help us do
2. Sure, there might have been a bar next door, but who cares about that when you can play Pac-Man for three hours straight?
3. Even if you were trying to act like a professional businessman, you know you were spending your lunch breaks at the arcade
4. Going to the arcade was fun for the whole family
5. And was the ultimate hangout when you were sick of the mall
6. Dance Dance Revolution's predecessor used to look a little bit different, but man, was it ever fun!
7. You always needed someone there to support you, because when you died there was no save points to just restart. It was all or nothing.
We all had so many more memories from the arcade...
8. Space Invaders was such an important game at the time, and honestly, it holds up to this day
9. Arcades were where you wanted to spend all your time no matter how old you were
10. It's such a good place to see all the latest fashions
11. The whole gang was there to make sure you could tackle that high score. Hey, do you see the little mustachioed-man on the machine to the right? Who does that look like to you?
12. The amount of time it must have taken to make these machines is insane. Crazy to think that now you can just buy one little box and play hundreds of games on it
13. Oh, what we would give to go back and hangout for just one afternoon
How many hours did you spend at your local arcade?
The 80s were a pretty crazy time. We all accidentally inhaled a lot of Aquanet hairspray, everything was very colorful, and we all were busy watching MTV. Times have changed a lot in the last 30+ years, and now the world is barely recognizable. So much was different, especially for kids. Kids don't grow up the same way that we used to. They don't have the same issues that we did, they don't have the same hobbies as we did, and they certainly would have no idea how to handle themselves back in the 80s. If you were to send
There was a magical drink that was available to us in the 90s. It was clear, it was light, and it was bubbly. It was the ultimate drink for those who weren't really into beer but still wanted something with a little zing and when they discontinued it we all were distressed. Zima was first introduced in 1993. It was glorious. A lot of you probably remember it as the first alcohol you ever drank. It was kind of like a wine cooler, but not as sweet, and had a citrus taste that was so much more refreshing. Sure, they
We've all been waiting months for the details of the new Charmed reboot and now we finally have our first look at it. That's right, the CW released the first trailer and it's a lot to take in. We find out the general plot of the show, a little bit about the three sisters, and see a small hint of the supernatural elements they will be going up against. First of all, one original 'Charmed' witch is not that happy about itThe WBEven though it's too late to do anything about it now, Holly Marie Combs, who played Piper Halliwell,
John Travolta has played a lot of roles over his long career, but there are very few more iconic and important than the role of Danny Zuko in Grease. The movie came out 40 years ago, and still it remains a beloved classic that literally everyone loves. I mean, if you say you don't love it chances are you're lying to yourself. Travolta may fall into the tabloids a lot with some rumors about his life, but the fact that is always indisputable is that hes one of the biggest stars, and his role as Danny was the actual best