18 Things That Would Blow Your Mind If You Woke Up From A Ten Year Coma
I remember the first decade of the 2000s. It was a great time, simpler to be sure, but things sure have changed a lot since then. Changes have been happening so frequently that we barely think about it in the greater scheme of things.
For those of you who may have fallen asleep for the last ten years, here are 18 of things that will have changed in that time.
1. The Fast And The Furious movies are still in production, but they now star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
Even after the tragic death of Paul Walker the franchise has continued to make movies. I haven't seen the last couple of them, but they have become classics to an entire generation.
2. Arnold Schwarzenegger hosted The Apprentice for less then one season.
After taking Hollywood by storm, he later became the Governor of California. Lately he is keeping the world up-to-date on his exploits through social media. He did make an attempt at hosting The Apprentice, but that didn't last long.
3. The former host of The Apprentice, Donald Trump, is now the President of the United States.
The Simpsons called this one back several years ago, but who really saw it coming?
4. Blockbuster has been put out to pasture.
I genuinely miss going to Blockbuster on Friday nights to rent a movie and a video game. Ah, simpler times.
5. Hey Arnold! is getting its own feature length movie.
It appears that this hit show will be coming to a complete conclusion following the release of this movie. This was one of my favorite shows when I was younger.
6. The Verizon guy became a traitor and moved to Sprint.
They have locked people up for less than this LOL.
7. Lebron James is now a 3-time NBA Champion.
Only one of these championships came with the Cavaliers. But it did end a 50+ year championship drought for the city of Cleveland.
8. You really don't need a pin number for your debit card anymore.
There hasn't yet been a line drawn in the sand between technological advancement and laziness.
9. Cell phones have now become mini super computers.
Gone are the days of having to text someone using the T9 method. Current cell phones now allow us to contact anyone the world over.
10. Bryan Cranston went from suburban dad to drug kingpin.
From Malcolm in the Middle to Breaking Bad, Cranston has truly changed his acting M.O.
11. AMC is no longer a dull boring channel. Now they bring us some of the best TV available.
Mad Men, The Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad have taken the world by storm. They will one day be referred to as classics.
12. Leo finally got his Oscar.
It should have happened years ago, but Leo finally got what he so rightly deserved. He won his Oscar for his part in The Revenant.
13. Boy Meets World has gotten a reboot.
Girl Meets World is a reboot of the classic after-school special Boy Meets World. This time the show follows the daughter of Cory and Topanga. It lasted three seasons.
14. Twin Peaks is back for a second round.
15. YouTube now plays videos in formats better than 480p.
16. Shaq and Kobe have both finally retired.
17. The Chicago Cubs finally won a World Series.
It only took 108 years, but they finally managed to break the curse and bring the title back to Wrigley Field.
18. Obama became the first black President of the United States.
It has been a wild couple of decades.