Ah, the '90s. There's no shortage of trends that came from the best decade. Ask any '90s kids for three facts about that time and they'll give you five. I don't think there is a generation more proud to be born in a span of years than those born in the '90s.
But we uncovered some facts from those years that will most likely startle all '90s kids.
Take a look and see if you knew any of these odd facts!
1. The guy who voiced the Taco Bell Chihuahua also voiced Rocko from Rocko's Modern Life: Carlos Alazraqui.
2. Michael Jackson sang backup vocals on "Do The Bartman."
3. Space Jam was actually a spin-off from a 1992 Nike commercial.
4. Jennifer Aniston HATED "The Rachel" haircut and thought it looked ugly.
5. The Backstreet Boys were named after a flea market in Florida. The market was called "Backstreet Market" and was a local teen hangout spot.
6. The Return of Jafar was Disney's first direct-to-video sequel. It cost $5 million to make and grossed $120 million.
7. Totally Hair Barbie is the best-selling Barbie of all time.
8. Earring Magic Ken, which was released in 1993, became a huge seller among gay men, which was mainly due to the way he was dressed.
9. There's an episode of Tiny Toons that has been banned because Buster, Hamton, and Plucky get drunk, steal a police car, and die in a drunk driving accident. It was meant to be a warning against the dangers of drunk driving.
10. Beanie Babies only became popular when a group of neighbors in Chicago started trading them with a strict set of rules.
11. The Rugrats have a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame
12. Furbies were banned from NSA headquarters in Maryland for fear they would hear top-secret conversations and then repeat them.
13. Clarissa Explains it All had a spin-off series for which a pilot was shot, but it never aired.
14. Animaniacs was supposed to be about ducks, but then the creators realized how many other duck-themed cartoons existed.
15. Marlon Wayans gets residuals for Batman Forever even though he was not in the movie. Wayans was cast as Robin by Tim Burton. But when Warner Bros. changed the director to Joel Schumacher, Chris O'Donnell was cast as Robin instead. But per a clause in Marlon's contract, he got his full salary plus residuals.
16. Jessie was originally addicted to speed, not caffeine pills. But NBS standard's department made them change it.
17. JNCO stands for "Judge None, Choose One
18. Harrison Ford turned down Steven Spielberg's offer to play Dr. Alan Grant in Jurassic Park.
Hollywood lost one of the greats. Kirk Douglas, actor of more than 60 years, has died at age 103.His son Michael Douglas posted a tribute on Facebook, remembering his father with fans worldwide.To the world he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of movies who lived well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment to justice and the causes he believed in set a standard for all of us to aspire to. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Michael Douglas (@michaelkirkdouglas) on Feb 5, 2020 at 3:33pm PST In a
Remember in kindergarten when every afternoon after you finished your peanut butter sandwich, your teacher threw down a rubber mat and declared it was nap time? Those were the days. Now, no one comes into the office after lunch and makes sure you get your rest. In fact, most of us would love some good sleep. I know that living with young children and a husband who snores has only further complicated my sleep schedule over the past decade.It seems I am not alone. The CDC reports that as many as 1 in 3 adults do not get enough
Super Mario had a strong influence on the gaming industry.Retro games aren’t only popular in the modern gaming industry because they evoke feelings of nostalgia, they are prevalent due to the fact that they serve as a reminder of where it all began. Without the rudimentary games of old, the sprawling, immersive and lucrative gaming industry of today wouldn’t exist. Developers have taken elements of the older games, and over many years have been able to refine and enhance them. Early offerings like Super Mario for consoles and simple poker games for PC acted as the foundations
As anyone who uses products made from the reaction injection molding process will tell you: life in plastic -- it's fantastic. Of course, there's one icon who knows that all too well. And if you thought that Barbara Millicent Roberts (otherwise known as Barbie) wasn't going to be relevant in 2020, you'd be wrong.When Barbie made her debut in 1959, she quickly soared to popularity. What with her dream house, her many occupations, her stunning outfits, and even her friends and pets, Barbie emulated the American ideal. After all, most U.S. households have at least one pet at