A lot of people did not have a good high school experience, but we can all agree that elementary school was awesome.
I actually loved going to school every day. Sure, I occasionally faked sickness because I did not finish my homework the night before or I just wanted to stay home and play with a new toy, but that didn't mean I did not enjoy the days that I spent at school.
From recess and gym class to pizza day and Scholastic Book Club, there were so many rad things beside learning that got you pumped about going to school. Yes, it did look like we played more than we actually worked, but I turned out pretty great, so clearly, the system worked.
Here are 23 photos that will transport you back to your elementary school days:
1. Showing off your new outfit by getting up to sharpen your pencil with this tool
2. Parachute day was the best gym day
3. Eating this as your lunchtime dessert with the wooden spoon, of course
4. Believing the myth that the blue part could erase ink
5. This is how we "texted" each other
6. Pizza day was the best day of the week
7. Feeling joy when you walk into class and see this:
8. Entering 55318008 on the calculator
9. Dying of dysentery when playing The Oregon Trail in the computer lab
10. The excitement of receiving your Scholastic Book order
11. Adding a Troll doll topper to your pencil
12. Then storing them and your other precious items in this case
13. Or this one
14. Making shadow puppets when the overhead projector was on
15. Sniffing Mr. Sketch scented markers
16. Learning math with blocks
17. Swooning over this coloring kit
18. Mastering the art of the recorder
19. Predicting your future by playing MASH
20. Or by using an origami fortune teller
21. Spreading Elmer's glue all over your hands, then peeling it off
22. The most stressful worksheet
23. And finally, showing off your skills on the monkey bars
How many of these did you do back in the day? Let us know!
This Throwback Thursday, we're flashing back to the business classic Barbarians at the Gate. Originally a book written by business journalists John Helyar and Bryan Burrough, the HBO film version was released in 1993. Barbarians at the Gate tells the (ultimately unsuccessful) story of a group of RJR Nabisco executives who attempted to buy the entire company in what's called a leveraged buyout.On its own, the story is a fascinating look into the world of business, and an overall great example of business reporting. It's also home to a lot of lessons for anyone negotiating on behalf of corporations.
The 90s was quite an epic era when we think of it. The nostalgia we got from watching Spice Girls, rocking the hair mascara, and downing the dubious shell suits is massive and is why a lot of pop culture today is reverting back to trends first started in the 90s. The 90s was a time when ‘Californication’ by Red Hot Chilli Peppers was enough for you to throw it down on the dance floor.Remember anticipating all day to catch up on an episode of Friends or Malcolm in the Middle? It was all worth it sneaking out of
For those of us that lived through this decade, it’s hard to believe that the 90s were thirty years ago. This was the era of Brit Pop, the Spice Girls, the ‘Rachel’ haircut and a few memorable fashions - plus some that we’d rather forget. We take a look below at a selection of the most iconic accessories of the decade.Choker NecklacesFor women, the choker was one of the essential components of a stylish look in the 1990s. Worn with jeans and a T-shirt in the daytime, or with a bodycon dress and platform trainers at
Women have been working hard to prove their worthiness in reality and especially in the 90s TV and culture industry. Females have had to struggle with getting past beauty and sexism while proving their worth in the workplace. Let's take the first example of female empowerment films from the 90s and 00s.Legally BlondeThis is the story of a young woman who on the outside had it all. She was beautiful, sexy, and came from a privileged background. Yet, all she thought she really wanted was her old boyfriend back. She thought she could win his love by earning a