A lot of people did not have a good high school experience, but we can all agree that elementary school was awesome.
I actually loved going to school every day. Sure, I occasionally faked sickness because I did not finish my homework the night before or I just wanted to stay home and play with a new toy, but that didn't mean I did not enjoy the days that I spent at school.
From recess and gym class to pizza day and Scholastic Book Club, there were so many rad things beside learning that got you pumped about going to school. Yes, it did look like we played more than we actually worked, but I turned out pretty great, so clearly, the system worked.
Here are 23 photos that will transport you back to your elementary school days:
1. Showing off your new outfit by getting up to sharpen your pencil with this tool
2. Parachute day was the best gym day
3. Eating this as your lunchtime dessert with the wooden spoon, of course
4. Believing the myth that the blue part could erase ink
5. This is how we "texted" each other
6. Pizza day was the best day of the week
7. Feeling joy when you walk into class and see this:
8. Entering 55318008 on the calculator
9. Dying of dysentery when playing The Oregon Trail in the computer lab
10. The excitement of receiving your Scholastic Book order
11. Adding a Troll doll topper to your pencil
12. Then storing them and your other precious items in this case
13. Or this one
14. Making shadow puppets when the overhead projector was on
15. Sniffing Mr. Sketch scented markers
16. Learning math with blocks
17. Swooning over this coloring kit
18. Mastering the art of the recorder
19. Predicting your future by playing MASH
20. Or by using an origami fortune teller
21. Spreading Elmer's glue all over your hands, then peeling it off
22. The most stressful worksheet
23. And finally, showing off your skills on the monkey bars
How many of these did you do back in the day? Let us know!
I think we can all all agree that Disney movies are basically perfect right? Sure, there are some aspects of them that are a little outdated when it comes to the princesses, but our nostalgia filters have kind of blurred all of those lines anyways, so we can just appreciate them for being great. The songs, the stories, and all the characters were the stars of our childhoods, and we were all lucky enough to grow up during the famous Disney renaissance that brought us a whole new era of classics. Another bonus of living through the 90s meant that
I think we can all agree that the 90s were a pretty awesome time. Between the TV shows, the movies, and all the epic music, there was no shortage when it came to quality products. Even if we can't agree on the best of the media world, there is something that all of us can agree on: 90s pajamas are the best thing to have ever existed. There has never been a time in your life that you were more comfy or cozy, which was great because you probably spent a lot of time in those PJs, right? Whether you
If you celebrate Christmas, then you know that the most important and exciting day of the year is the one whenever your Sears Wish Book arrives. That's when you know that it's time to start writing out your Christmas list, comparing all the potential toys that you might consider. Pages and pages of Barbies, Lego, and board games to dream about, before writing them down on your letter to Santa. The Wish Book is one of those things that you never really stop looking at. You just keep on flipping through the pages any time you get bored, probably because
When you were growing up, the library of video games was nowhere near as extensive as it is now. There were obviously a lot of good choices, but compared to the variety now, it was such a small percentage. Clearly it was because video games were still new when we were all young, but what we lacked in quantity, we made up for in devotion. Sure, there weren't new games every day that we could play on our phones, or elaborate and large games with graphics that end up looking so realistic it's creepy, but we did have characters that