A lot of people did not have a good high school experience, but we can all agree that elementary school was awesome.
I actually loved going to school every day. Sure, I occasionally faked sickness because I did not finish my homework the night before or I just wanted to stay home and play with a new toy, but that didn't mean I did not enjoy the days that I spent at school.
From recess and gym class to pizza day and Scholastic Book Club, there were so many rad things beside learning that got you pumped about going to school. Yes, it did look like we played more than we actually worked, but I turned out pretty great, so clearly, the system worked.
Here are 23 photos that will transport you back to your elementary school days:
1. Showing off your new outfit by getting up to sharpen your pencil with this tool
2. Parachute day was the best gym day
3. Eating this as your lunchtime dessert with the wooden spoon, of course
4. Believing the myth that the blue part could erase ink
5. This is how we "texted" each other
6. Pizza day was the best day of the week
7. Feeling joy when you walk into class and see this:
8. Entering 55318008 on the calculator
9. Dying of dysentery when playing The Oregon Trail in the computer lab
10. The excitement of receiving your Scholastic Book order
11. Adding a Troll doll topper to your pencil
12. Then storing them and your other precious items in this case
13. Or this one
14. Making shadow puppets when the overhead projector was on
15. Sniffing Mr. Sketch scented markers
16. Learning math with blocks
17. Swooning over this coloring kit
18. Mastering the art of the recorder
19. Predicting your future by playing MASH
20. Or by using an origami fortune teller
21. Spreading Elmer's glue all over your hands, then peeling it off
22. The most stressful worksheet
23. And finally, showing off your skills on the monkey bars
How many of these did you do back in the day? Let us know!
In the early days of television, most family shows featured two-parent households. Notable exceptions included The Andy Griffith Show and The Courtship of Eddie's Father. Dads were always right back then and squeaky clean. They parented in a firm, strict, but loving manner. Enter the 1980s and 1990s TV dads into the picture though and you had a load of hot guys playing the role of a single dad who had a bit to learn about life. They usually learned from their child in the space of an hour or less.Studies show that women file for the majority of
Although the grunge look pervaded the 1990s street fashion, 90s TV and culture, and seeped into haute couture, the decade's amazing films provided fabulous alternatives that managed to draw people away from grunge back to more refined, fashionable attire. As the COVID-19 pandemic sequestered most individuals and has caused a casualization of our wardrobes (50% of managers interviewed in a survey said their workers wear less formal clothing than they did five years ago), we can look back to these fabulous 1990s films for inspiration to rebuild our wardrobes for the re-opening of society now that we have a vaccine.
If you love McDonald's, you're not alone; according to Wikipedia, McDonald's operates almost 40,000 stores in more than 120 countries. When you've got a hankering for a Big Mac, you'll likely be able to walk down the street to get your meal instead of driving to the next town over.With how popular the fast-food chain has become, it's no wonder that their prices have steadily risen since the 90s. But recent concerns over McDonald's ever-growing prices has meant that some consumers have gone elsewhere for their fast-food fix. The answer? Throwback Thursdays.And we don't just mean that
As exciting as a couple of rounds of online slots can be, sometimes you just want something more familiar to keep you engrossed in a game. Most online slot players would admit a little extra something visually is essential to the slot game experience. When those visuals are from your favourite classic film, you’re really onto a winner. Movies and slots go hand in hand. The glitz and glamour of the casino world (even if it is virtual) meshes naturally with the bright lights of Hollywood. It’s why even today you see developers publishing casino games based on