A lot of people did not have a good high school experience, but we can all agree that elementary school was awesome.
I actually loved going to school every day. Sure, I occasionally faked sickness because I did not finish my homework the night before or I just wanted to stay home and play with a new toy, but that didn't mean I did not enjoy the days that I spent at school.
From recess and gym class to pizza day and Scholastic Book Club, there were so many rad things beside learning that got you pumped about going to school. Yes, it did look like we played more than we actually worked, but I turned out pretty great, so clearly, the system worked.
Here are 23 photos that will transport you back to your elementary school days:
1. Showing off your new outfit by getting up to sharpen your pencil with this tool
2. Parachute day was the best gym day
3. Eating this as your lunchtime dessert with the wooden spoon, of course
4. Believing the myth that the blue part could erase ink
5. This is how we "texted" each other
6. Pizza day was the best day of the week
7. Feeling joy when you walk into class and see this:
8. Entering 55318008 on the calculator
9. Dying of dysentery when playing The Oregon Trail in the computer lab
10. The excitement of receiving your Scholastic Book order
11. Adding a Troll doll topper to your pencil
12. Then storing them and your other precious items in this case
13. Or this one
14. Making shadow puppets when the overhead projector was on
15. Sniffing Mr. Sketch scented markers
16. Learning math with blocks
17. Swooning over this coloring kit
18. Mastering the art of the recorder
19. Predicting your future by playing MASH
20. Or by using an origami fortune teller
21. Spreading Elmer's glue all over your hands, then peeling it off
22. The most stressful worksheet
23. And finally, showing off your skills on the monkey bars
How many of these did you do back in the day? Let us know!
The 90’s era is iconic for so many reasons and will be a forever vibe. 90’s music and fashion trends are in constant rotation even decades later, but 90’s movies hold a special place in a stoner’s heart. After the Cheech and Chong period in the 70’s and 80’s, the coined term “stoner movies” truly took off in the 90’s and on. Here is a list of the best 90’s stoner movies so you can really get into the mood of kicking back in true stoner style.Half BakedOften referred to now
Over the decades, Japan has spawned some of the world’s most iconic fictional characters. After all, is there anyone on the planet who doesn’t know Godzilla, Mario, and Hello Kitty? And the 1990s saw several notable pop culture figures coming out of Japan that remain famous to this day. Here’s our pick of the top four.GokuThe manga and anime series Dragon Ball had already been a phenomenal success for ten years by the time it reached an overseas market in the 1990s. Foreign audiences then helped to catapult the franchise into an international success story. There
With the 1990s now three decades behind us, many former 90s kids are becoming 21st-century moms and dads. And as they navigate their way through parenthood, they may find themselves looking back at some of the, well, questionable choices their own parents made. Let's take a stroll down memory lane and reminisce about some of the things parents did in the 90s that would simply not fly in 2020.They Let Children Ride in the Front SeatAdults who grew up in the 90s may remember car rides where they could barely see over the dashboard. Sure, cruising through town in
Who doesn't love a good wedding episode? And in the 90s, few sitcoms made it to the end of their run without at least one good (or horribly haywire) matrimonial episode. In this article, we'll dive into three of the most memorable wedding episodes of our favorite 90s television series.Full House: Jesse and Becky (1991)Episodes: The Wedding Part 1 and Part 2This two-parter was certainly a wild ride, complete with the "will they make it to the church on time?" scare that 90s sitcoms just love to use to cultivate a sense of anxiety. But first, Jesse somehow