A lot of people did not have a good high school experience, but we can all agree that elementary school was awesome.
I actually loved going to school every day. Sure, I occasionally faked sickness because I did not finish my homework the night before or I just wanted to stay home and play with a new toy, but that didn't mean I did not enjoy the days that I spent at school.
From recess and gym class to pizza day and Scholastic Book Club, there were so many rad things beside learning that got you pumped about going to school. Yes, it did look like we played more than we actually worked, but I turned out pretty great, so clearly, the system worked.
Here are 23 photos that will transport you back to your elementary school days:
1. Showing off your new outfit by getting up to sharpen your pencil with this tool
2. Parachute day was the best gym day
3. Eating this as your lunchtime dessert with the wooden spoon, of course
4. Believing the myth that the blue part could erase ink
5. This is how we "texted" each other
6. Pizza day was the best day of the week
7. Feeling joy when you walk into class and see this:
8. Entering 55318008 on the calculator
9. Dying of dysentery when playing The Oregon Trail in the computer lab
10. The excitement of receiving your Scholastic Book order
11. Adding a Troll doll topper to your pencil
12. Then storing them and your other precious items in this case
13. Or this one
14. Making shadow puppets when the overhead projector was on
15. Sniffing Mr. Sketch scented markers
16. Learning math with blocks
17. Swooning over this coloring kit
18. Mastering the art of the recorder
19. Predicting your future by playing MASH
20. Or by using an origami fortune teller
21. Spreading Elmer's glue all over your hands, then peeling it off
22. The most stressful worksheet
23. And finally, showing off your skills on the monkey bars
How many of these did you do back in the day? Let us know!
For many years, getting metal braces was the most popular dental realignment option on the market. Options like clear aligners and ceramic braces were not popularized, or not even available. Now that food labs can screen for ingredients at 0.1% and lower, fewer people need dental care for highly sugary foods. But with new technologies, more dental and orthodontic procedures are available. So when did that change?The History of BracesThe first time that braces (or a form of them) were used was in 1819, according to Orthodontics Limited. Gum elastics soon followed that development in the 19th century,
This throwback Thursday, we're looking at how the 90s was truly the best decade for cars, hands down! The 90s brought with it our favorite millennial sitcoms, cartoons, commercials, toys, pop music, and of course, superfast (and safe) cars!Although many people might think that the 60s or 70s muscle-car era was the best for cars, or even the past decade from the 2010s and up, just look around your neighborhood and you'll find that 90s cars are still going strong!Room for CreativityThere are around 6 million cars sold every year in the United States, with many of these
This Throwback Thursday, we're flashing back to the business classic Barbarians at the Gate. Originally a book written by business journalists John Helyar and Bryan Burrough, the HBO film version was released in 1993. Barbarians at the Gate tells the (ultimately unsuccessful) story of a group of RJR Nabisco executives who attempted to buy the entire company in what's called a leveraged buyout.On its own, the story is a fascinating look into the world of business, and an overall great example of business reporting. It's also home to a lot of lessons for anyone negotiating on behalf of corporations.
The 90s was quite an epic era when we think of it. The nostalgia we got from watching Spice Girls, rocking the hair mascara, and downing the dubious shell suits is massive and is why a lot of pop culture today is reverting back to trends first started in the 90s. The 90s was a time when ‘Californication’ by Red Hot Chilli Peppers was enough for you to throw it down on the dance floor.Remember anticipating all day to catch up on an episode of Friends or Malcolm in the Middle? It was all worth it sneaking out of