A lot of people did not have a good high school experience, but we can all agree that elementary school was awesome.
I actually loved going to school every day. Sure, I occasionally faked sickness because I did not finish my homework the night before or I just wanted to stay home and play with a new toy, but that didn't mean I did not enjoy the days that I spent at school.
From recess and gym class to pizza day and Scholastic Book Club, there were so many rad things beside learning that got you pumped about going to school. Yes, it did look like we played more than we actually worked, but I turned out pretty great, so clearly, the system worked.
Here are 23 photos that will transport you back to your elementary school days:
1. Showing off your new outfit by getting up to sharpen your pencil with this tool
2. Parachute day was the best gym day
3. Eating this as your lunchtime dessert with the wooden spoon, of course
4. Believing the myth that the blue part could erase ink
5. This is how we "texted" each other
6. Pizza day was the best day of the week
7. Feeling joy when you walk into class and see this:
8. Entering 55318008 on the calculator
9. Dying of dysentery when playing The Oregon Trail in the computer lab
10. The excitement of receiving your Scholastic Book order
11. Adding a Troll doll topper to your pencil
12. Then storing them and your other precious items in this case
13. Or this one
14. Making shadow puppets when the overhead projector was on
15. Sniffing Mr. Sketch scented markers
16. Learning math with blocks
17. Swooning over this coloring kit
18. Mastering the art of the recorder
19. Predicting your future by playing MASH
20. Or by using an origami fortune teller
21. Spreading Elmer's glue all over your hands, then peeling it off
22. The most stressful worksheet
23. And finally, showing off your skills on the monkey bars
How many of these did you do back in the day? Let us know!
If we are being perfectly honest here, I didn't know cardigans ever really went out of style. Sure, people don't really wear them the same way as they used to, but there's still plenty available. But the thing is, the 90s were a prime time for sweater sets and cardigans. Not only were they available in a million color options, but they had a bunch of different designs and patterns that became popular. It seemed like every person had one either wrapped around their shoulders or wore it as a crop top in the 90s. Now they are apparently "back
I don't know about you, but Clueless is probably one of my favorite movies of all time. The plot is based on Jane Austen's Emma and it gives us 90s girls a modern take on something that has been around for so long. The movie itself was a feat, taking something that would be considered a "chick flick" and making it a real 90s classic, and after all these years we're all still obsessed. Admit it, you still quote it regularly. There are too many good lines to choose between, so we tend to say them all. Alicia Silverstone became
Who else has a very vivid memory of what their house looked like in the 90s? Everyone's house has specific look depending on what their parents were into at the time. In our house we had green wall-to-wall carpets, a blue couch that was almost a velvet texture and of course, a lazy boy recliner. In our basement we had a hand-me-down couch from my grandparents that looked like it had seen better days. It was basically just the scratchiest material ever but it didn't matter because it was ours. Our houses may not have looked as cool as the
Who else remembers growing up when our dream toys were these plastic little compacts that had a whole little world inside? Those little Polly Pockets were everything we wanted. Even though they were such a simple little concept, they managed to fill our imaginations and we loved them. They had so many different kinds of Polly Pockets. Ones based on movies, ones based on fairy tales, and others that are just fun creations of their own.EtsyWhether we were adventuring with Jasmine and Aladdin in Agrabah or having a fun castle adventure, we managed to see these little peg