A lot of people did not have a good high school experience, but we can all agree that elementary school was awesome.
I actually loved going to school every day. Sure, I occasionally faked sickness because I did not finish my homework the night before or I just wanted to stay home and play with a new toy, but that didn't mean I did not enjoy the days that I spent at school.
From recess and gym class to pizza day and Scholastic Book Club, there were so many rad things beside learning that got you pumped about going to school. Yes, it did look like we played more than we actually worked, but I turned out pretty great, so clearly, the system worked.
Here are 23 photos that will transport you back to your elementary school days:
1. Showing off your new outfit by getting up to sharpen your pencil with this tool
2. Parachute day was the best gym day
3. Eating this as your lunchtime dessert with the wooden spoon, of course
4. Believing the myth that the blue part could erase ink
5. This is how we "texted" each other
6. Pizza day was the best day of the week
7. Feeling joy when you walk into class and see this:
8. Entering 55318008 on the calculator
9. Dying of dysentery when playing The Oregon Trail in the computer lab
10. The excitement of receiving your Scholastic Book order
11. Adding a Troll doll topper to your pencil
12. Then storing them and your other precious items in this case
13. Or this one
14. Making shadow puppets when the overhead projector was on
15. Sniffing Mr. Sketch scented markers
16. Learning math with blocks
17. Swooning over this coloring kit
18. Mastering the art of the recorder
19. Predicting your future by playing MASH
20. Or by using an origami fortune teller
21. Spreading Elmer's glue all over your hands, then peeling it off
22. The most stressful worksheet
23. And finally, showing off your skills on the monkey bars
How many of these did you do back in the day? Let us know!
Even if you don't like the show, it's hard to deny that The Big Bang Theory has taken over television. If I hear one more person say "BAZINGA!" unironically, I might lose my mind. The show's stars have basically set themselves up for life with their contracts, each making $1 million per episode. It seems hard to believe that someone would turn down the opportunity to be a part of such a massive television hit, but Macaulay Culkin did just that. CBSIn the Home Alone actor's defense, though, he was offered the show before it even aired. That being said,
You know how every single bride says that they pick their bridesmaid dresses because they could "easily wear them again?" Well, finally a bride has admitted she was wrong but her bridesmaid had the best response imaginable. Tammi Sauer took to Facebook to celebrate her anniversary, but at the same time she apologized to the bridesmaids at her wedding. She wrote "These two 22-year-olds are celebrating 22 years of marriage! Hubba hubba. My apologies for those dresses, ladies." Tammi SauerThe handmade dresses were based on a pattern because the bride's distinct vision wasn't available in stores. “Apparently, not everyone in
When Power Rangers was rebooted last year, there were a lot of excited people and a lot of people who were, well, let's just call them 'less than excited.'People were ready for our 'Mighty Morphing Power Rangers' to come and save the day, but then again, we all tend to hate new spins on old classics. When the movie came out, it did well at first, but the hype kind of fell off as soon as all the other summer movies started coming out. Power Rangers would go on to make over $85 million domestically, and over $140 worldwide,
A lot of us may have forgotten about the glory that was Froot Loop Straws, but we shouldn't have. Froot Loops were (and still are) one of the best cereals on the market, and when they released the straw version, all of us collectively lost our minds.Suddenly, there was the easy and delicious way to drink up all that Froot Loop-flavored milk at the end of your breakfast, and then a bonus little treat after the fact. It was absolutely perfect, and when they took them away we all suffered. It has been a while since the classic treat