Our average childhood life conditions were out of our hands. It was our parents who bought the house we lived in, the car we drove in, the things we ate, which ultimately influenced the things we did and how we lived our lives.
The only "luxury" we had was our health, and we only had that if we didn't get sick from the not so great food we ate.
Here are 15 pictures that prove your childhood was just average, aka a little bit of a struggle.
1. Saying "I can't wait until summer" just meant you're probably going to spend most of your time here:
2. The after-dinner hang out spot.
3. Unless you ate these regularly. Then you'd just eat your TV dinner in front of the small screen.
4. You had to get super creative when you ran out of hamburger buns.
5. You owned one of these "luxury" cars.
6. This is how you took a selfie.
Of course, you likely had to borrow a flip phone from a friend.