When former U.S. President Richard Nixon declared the war on drugs in the '70s, there were countless anti-drug PSAs that filled our television screens advising the youth to stay in school and to say no to drugs.
During the '80s and '90s, hard drugs made their way into suburban neighborhoods and became a rampant issue in youth populations.
All this fearmongering didn't stop everyone from saying yes to drugs, but it probably did scare the heck out of some people. When you look back now, you can't help but laugh at some of them.
10. Pee-wee Herman says crack is DEAD wrong.
Well, he is DEAD right about that. Crack is not "kid's stuff," but then whose stuff is it?
9. Kids are heavily influenced by their parents. When a father finds his son's drug stash, the truth is revealed ....
Way to go dad, you're such a good example for your kid!
8. Superman will fly you home if you say no to drugs.
Is this supposed to be a kid or an old man that refuses drugs?
7. "You'll love this stuff," said from someone who looks like your next door neighbor or your best friend's granny.
The grandma who looks like she just came back from playing golf with her friends has me in tears.
6. You know what you do when someone offers you drugs? You turn into a gorilla and throw the drug dealer in the trash.
Is that really how the Ghostbusters would deal with an enemy?