I wish I could go back to the simpler days, when we all spent an hour of our day building some crafts with paste, cardboard and pipe cleaners. Then, we could bring it home and show our parents.
You really don't know what you've got until it's gone. Take a trip down memory lane with these 25 crafts that we all made in art class at least once.
1. First and foremost, we made this craft in every class
2. We all decorated our home with a few of these
Was anybody dumb enough to put an actual candle in one of them?
3. And this was how teachers distracted us for a few minutes
"Done already? Add another 10 links to yours then."
4. Every holiday season we brought home one of these
5. A papier mache...something
Your result varied based on your skill level...and your patience.
6. The classic egg carton caterpillar
7. Paper bag puppets
8. A painted birdhouse that no bird would be seen in
9. An origami creation
Which was probably flat by the time it got home in your backpack. Good luck remembering all those steps!
10. Clay ashtrays
Yours probably didn't look as good as this one, no offence.
11. Friendship bracelets
Kudos to you if you're still wearing one after all these years! And does anyone remember cereal bracelets?
Fun and edible.
12. Now listen while I playyyyy....my paper plate tambourine...
Nothing sounded quite like a class full of second graders shaking these things.
My favorite craft is up next...