Premiering in 1999 on NBC, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit was billed as the grittier, more "ripped from modern headlines" companion show to Law and Order, and man has it delivered.
With a beloved cast of recurring characters and new mysteries to solve each week, the show's remained a staple on TV for almost 20 years, so much so that some actors even showed up on there before they were big! In particular, these 15 appearances either caught us off guard at the time, or when we look back on them now.
1) Before she became a movie star (along with her sister), Kate Mara appeared in the show's second season.
2) Bradley Cooper showed up before he was big in Hollywood.
3) Will and Grace star Eric McCormack guest-starred as a murder suspect. Somehow we're not surprised.
4) Sabrina herself, Melissa Joan Hart, appeared as a teacher suspected of sexually assaulting her students.
5) Whoopi Goldberg played a businesswoman who falsely reported child abuse.
6) Bob freaking Saget himself played a murder suspect in season 8!
7) Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons had a recurring role in the first two seasons!
As we've explained before, some actresses just seem to become mega stars one minute before vanishing from Hollywood without a trace.It's not a case of their careers fizzling out, so there must be something to explain their disappearing act.Shannyn Sossamon was one of the biggest names to hit the scene and then leave just a few years later. The actress had moved to L.A. to study dance, and was working as a DJ and model before she was discovered by a casting director.Her breakout role was as Lady Jocelyn, Heath Ledger's love interest in A Knight's
Regardless of how old you were in the 90's, you probably watched The Baby-Sitters Club movie at some point in time, or had a friend who did and then couldn't stop talking about it. This year, one of our favorite tween movies is turning 23, prompting a nostalgic reunion of some of the cast members. To celebrate one of the best movies of our childhood, we compiled a list of what the cast members have been up to since the film's release in 1995.Kristy Thomas (Schuyler Fisk)Schuyler Fisk, the daughter of actress Sissy Spacek, played Kristy Thomas, the
I don't think I'm alone when I say one of my first memories of watching television included the children's show Rolie Polie Olie. I remember being in awe of the family-friendly robots and their zany activities. It offered a world I otherwise would have never imagined, and delivered life lessons I still remember to this day. To celebrate this awesome series, here are six facts that'll make you wish you could travel back in time and watch this show with fresh eyes again!1. Rolie Polie Olie was one of the first completely CGI television cartoons for preschoolersThis helped the